Pages

Sunday, March 15, 2009

I Feel Pretty


One of my favorite movies is "Enchanted". A lot of people like this movie for it's comedy... Amy Adams skipping around in a poofy dress, singing to the birds, stopping to talk to strangers and tell them how lovely they are...It all seems a little funny and definately outlandish...well not for me! I've always been the girl that would rather wear a long dress instead of a tube top. I stick my pinky out when I drink things and have "pagaent" hands. (They're sorta like jazz hands, just a little less in your face). I would love to skip, and sometimes I do...it just looks like I'm having a seizure. When no one is around, I like to float around and sing songs just like Snow White singing to the woodland creatures. It must work, cause my dogs get hella excited...or scared maybe. Anyhow, I've always been the type who was convinced that my True Love would be the one that noticed the way I pushed my hair out of my eyes, or how gentle and fluid my body moved. He would be able to look in my eyes and know everything about me. He would hold my hand and dote on me and maybe even drool. I thought about those little things more than anything else growing up. I was always sure that I was the most beautiful in the room and nobody would be able to ignore me. Now that I've been married almost 3 1/2 years, I've figured out that my husband did not fall in love with me because of the sultry stares and the magical hair flips. He fell in love with the girl that wakes up with her hairbrush still stuck in her hair and a puddle of drool on his corner of the pillow. The girl that blurts out the most random obscenities at the stupid, flippin, mothertruckers who decide to drive like deuch bags in front of us. The girl who cries during really freaky parts of scary movies. The girl who skips the candlelit dinner and brings home a bucket of chicken and a case of Mt. Dew. Although somedays I may be overwhelmed by my busy life as a wife, mother, and worker and I may not feel so pretty. I have to remember that my husband has still not noticed my "pageant hands" but he notices that I stick my pinky out when I light my zippo. Amy Adams ain't got nothing on me...and I haven't even changed out of my pajamas today!

No comments:

Post a Comment